We love Keren Baker’s use of these to create a selection of scenes – how will you recreate it?
WHAT YOU NEED
- Card: green, orange, jade, navy, red, white
- Paper, Dovecraft, Over The Rainbow
- My Favorite Things, Photo Booth Strip, Captions; Tonic Studios, Square
- Stamps: My Favorite Things, Picture Perfect; Clearly Besotted, Scrumptious Birthday Sentiments
- Ink: Tsukeniko, Memento Tuxedo Black; Tonic Studios, Nuvo Acetate
- Quick Hello – 1 Using a white card blank, 12.5cm x 15cm, add blue patterned paper on top. The photostrip with red and trim acetate slightly smaller than the width but 1cm longer than the strip.
2 Stamp the characters onto white and color. Position the frame over each image then choose a portion that looks good and trace around it with a pencil, leaving an extra 5mm around the edge. Trim out the images and adhere behind the apertures. Add the acetate behind the card and leave.
3 The ‘Hello’ sentiment out of several colors and black card. Add the black onto the blank at an angle and glue the letters in the gaps. Bend the acetate and card strip slightly, then fold over the ends to create two tabs.
4 Attach one tab onto the edge of the card at an angle and curve the strip so the other tab onto the base and runs along the sentiment strip. Add foam pads under the right hand side of the strip so it has an extra anchor point.
- Make a Wish – 1 Take white card, 6cm x 15.5cm, and layer slightly smaller rainbow patterned paper. Add blue patterned paper to white, then the photostrip out of it.
2 Some of the letters from ‘Sweet’, ‘Hello’ and ‘Smile’ in different colors to create ‘Wish’ and adhere to the bottom of the tag.
3 Stamp the image onto card and color in with markers. Position in place and trace around. leaving a 5mm border then fix on the reverse.
4 Add foam pads behind the photostrip and stick to the base. Punch a hole in the top of the tag and thread twine through.
- Say Cheese! – 1 Take white card, 10.5cm x 15cm, and trim slightly smaller blue patterned paper. Stamp and color one of the images to use behind the aperture. Take green card and a square out to make it look like a polaroid-style image.
2 The sentiment out of the green. Secure card behind the aperture and add different colored letters. Adhere the stamped image behind the aperture. Stamp a sentiment below ‘Smile’. Glue to the card blank at an angle then add a little strip onto the frame for detail.
Papercraft Garden Scene
WHAT YOU NEED
- Patterned papers, double-sided
- Chalks or ink-pads
- Fine black pen
- Tiny Trug – 1 Copy the template and trim around the outside edge then the slits and score the dotted lines with a straight edge and a pointed tool. Using paper as a mask
buff darker chalk or stamping ink along the outside edge of each slit to suggest boards of wood.
2 On the trug glue the tips of the outer tabs only and attach to the outside of the larger middle tab so the edges are at right angles; the tips should be touching. Adhere the tips of the remaining tabs to the middle over the top of the first tab. Glue the tabs on the base piece and fix to the bottom of the trug. Trim to shorten if required.